Newborn Baby Unique Gift Ideas
Unique gift ideas for the new baby in your family…Have you ever agonised over what to buy for a beautiful and long awaited for new baby in your life? Whether that baby is your own much longed for little one, your very first grandchild or another much loved niece or nephew, a precious godchild or your best friends brand new little bundle?
Apart from the obvious cute clothes that new parents are inundated with, and that baby will grow out of after the second time of wearing, it can be quite difficult to think of something within your budget that’s also thoughtful and lasting for the new baby and parents.
We’ve compiled a list of perfect gift ideas for all budgets after many conversations with our new mums… and as an added bonus if you love to shop for local or ethical products, all of these ideas are sourced from UK businesses, most of them local to Wirral and almost all from small independent traders, so if you choose to buy from our list, an actual real person may just do a happy dance 🙂 xx
- A unique handmade nametag.
We love these personalised shapes from Feather & Twine, individual and handmade with love by Nikki, they are a perfect little keepsake for baby’s nursery, and longer term can be hung on your child’s wardrobe door, or transferred to your Christmas box to be kept safe and proudly displayed on your tree each year. Or maybe choose a family name garland that can be added to as your family grows.
- Bespoke hand knitted cuddly toys from Pitter Patter Tiny Feet Knitting Emporium. Choose from lots of different designs and colours, these are also made to order. Beautiful unique teddy bears, bunny rabbits, or baby blankets… perfect for a newborn, CE certified for your peace of mind, and so much more thoughtful than a mass produced – made in china – shop bought cuddly toy!
- Beautiful jewellery imprinted with baby’s handprint or footprint. Cherub Charms hand make these gorgeous silver charm jewellery items that Mum (or Dad) can wear to keep her little one close to her heart at all times.
- Looking for a more practical gift? Little Lambs First Aid run training courses locally across the Wirral to empower new parents (and Grandparents) with confidence and knowledge to keep the little ones they care for safe. Gift vouchers are available, the perfect present for a new mum!
- For a more unusual slant on a Baby record book, The Royal Mint offers a Journal that includes all the coins minted during the year of Baby’s birth. A unique gift that parents can add to as they document all those milestones during that precious first year.
- Or how about some beautiful artwork of baby’s hands and feet? If you are local to Wirral, why not treat baby’s Mum to coffee and cake at The Potting Shed, whilst capturing baby’s tiny hands and feet on a bespoke piece of pottery for their home? A beautiful and unique gift, and the friendly atmosphere, not to mention the scrummy cake (which we can personally recommend) make for a great afternoon out. We think Mum will go back again and again!
- Maybe your baby’s mum loves her sports and fitness? If so, investing in a post pregnancy fitness course for her, such as pilates with baby, or a buggy fitness class from Misfit Mamas may be the most thoughtful gift she gets? Or if she’s not the sporty type, consider a specialist baby massage course from Twinkle Toes for some relaxing mum & baby bonding time. An added bonus of this type of gift is the social interaction with other new mums that she will meet on such a course, new mummy friends are so important when you are struggling with feeding, sleeping or teething problems and need someone to empathise, understand and offer help if needed.
- Invest in a beautiful wooden handmade toy chest for the new baby’s nursery. Little and Wild are UK based and hand make these natural products. Both practical and beautiful, this would make a thoughtful gift for any new family.
- Everyone loves a rocking horse don’t they? The Rocking Horse Shop hand makes traditional wooden rocking horses in a variety of sizes and styles. An unusual and luxurious gift that will last a lifetime and bring hours of fun as your little one grows up.
- Book a bespoke newborn photography session for the new arrival with ourselves! This could also be a perfect option if you are clubbing together in the workplace to buy a gift for a colleague going on maternity leave. (We recommend you choose to purchase one of our designer collections upfront, so Mum and Dad can select their favourite images after their photography session to make up the collection you have invested in for them)…. We promise they will have the most amazing and relaxing day watching us work with their little one to capture those fleeting tiny baby days forever! We take care of all the details, and make it as easy as possible for the new parents by travelling out to their home with everything we need to capture those beautiful first portraits. We’re sorry to shout about our own product, but it really is the ultimate lasting gift for a brand new family!